File Integrity Monitoring
Employing steady state monitoring to ensure the integrity of sensitive files is more than just a security best practice. For many organizations, it is a regulatory mandate as well. By combining File Integrity Monitoring with enterprise-class Log & Event Management and Endpoint Monitoring & Control, Stone Street allows customers to simplify and strengthen their security, audit and compliance posture with a single, fully integrated solution.
PCI-DSS 11.5 mandates: “Deploy file integrity monitoring to alert personnel to unauthorized modifications of critical system or content files, and perform file comparisons at least weekly or more frequently if the process can be automated.”
User-Aware File Integrity Monitoring
Stone Street ’s holistic approach allows security personnel to be notified when files are created or key files are viewed, deleted or modified and when group ownership of files is changed. For selective monitoring, Stone Street provides granular controls and filters that can pinpoint specific files and perform scans at desired intervals. File level behavior can then be correlated to additional security and audit activities to build a comprehensive window into potentially harmful network activity.
With the addition of File Integrity Monitoring, Stone Street SIM can be used to monitor for and alert on a variety of malicious behaviors, from improper user access of confidential files to botnet related breaches and transmittal of sensitive data. The combined solution allows organizations to meet specific regulatory compliance requirements, such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) 11.5 and 12.9, without purchasing a separate product.
Fully integrated with Log & Event Management & Endpoint Monitoring & Control
- Addresses 35 specific mandates of PCI DSS 1.2.
- Sends contextualized alerts whenever confidential data is viewed, modified or deleted.
- Provides a complete set of forensic data for rapidly identifying the root cause of security breaches.
- Centralized, policy-based configuration and administration
Monitors All Types of Files in Near-real Time
- Including executables, configuration files, content files, log and audit files, web files, database files, and more.
- Fine-grain controls ensure that each monitored file is scanned at the desired frequency.
- User activity monitoring adds relevant context to file modifications and views by identifying what users are logged into the system at the time of the activity.
Out-of-the-box policies are provided for common applications.
Stone Street File Integrity Monitoring is Supported on Windows, Unix and Linux systems.
Call Us: 1-877-748-7866
A Stone Street Solutions Team Member can assist you in customizing a solution designed for your environment. Call us to discuss which options will work best for you.
from a service specialist >>>